Clausing C30 Lathe Features:
The Clausing C30 series large swing engine lathes are engineered to allow the accurate and efficient machining of large components. A wide range of optional accessories make these machine suitable for most industrial applications, including job shops, oil field, power utilities and ship building.
Standard features of the Clausing C30 engine lathes include:
- (VS Models)Variable Spindle Speeds allows optimum cutting speed for a wide range of machining applications. Speed range from 14 to 1000 rpm.
- Spindle Motor – 20Hp for exceptional machining power.
- All gears are made from chromium molybdenum steel treated with cementation and precision ground for long-life and dependability.
- One-piece cast iron bed from the ways to floor provides a solid foundation to ensure maximum stability and rigidity under heavy machining operations.
- 18” Bed Width, Hardened and Ground, support the saddle and carriage assembly allowing superior positioning and repeatability accuracy.
- Turcite ‘B’ is fitted between saddle and bed to greatly reduce friction and stick-slip for smooth operation and superior surface finishes. The low friction Turcite also minimizes bed wear and extends the life of the machine.
- Immersing Style Lead Screw reduces abrasion.
- 4-way Rapid Traverse for positioning and set up.
- 4-way Power Feed for longitudinal, cross and compound feeds.
- Traveling Splash Guard
- Tailstock with 4.18” manual positioning for ease of setup and operation.
- 4.1” Spindle Bore supported with taper spindle bearings provides outstanding spindle performance and load carrying capabilities. Optional spindle bores available.
- Coolant system for tool life and part cooling.
- Automatic lubrication system to all guideways.
- Guarding powder coated for durability.
- Electromagnetic Braking for safe operation.
Clausing C30 Lathe Specifications:
|Swing over bed||30.7″|
|Swing in Gap||42.12”|
|Gap length in front of faceplate||19”|
|Distance between centers (3 models)||78.7”, 118”, 157”|
|Speed Range 1||14-45 rpm|
|Speed Range 2||60-180 rpm|
|Speed Range 3||306-1000 rpm|
|Spindle motor||20 Hp|
|Min. spindle speed for full power||45|
|Bed type||One Piece|
|Center height over bed||13.38″|
|Cross slide travel||15.37”|
|Compound slide travel||9.5″|
|Longitudinal feeds (in/rev)||0.05 – 0.7|
|Cross feeds (in/rev)||0.025 – 0.35|
|Number of Inch threads||36|
|Range of Inch threads||2 – 28 TPI|
|Number of Module threads||22|
|Range of Module threads||0.5 – 7 Mod|
|Number of Diametral Pitch threads||36|
|Range of Diametral Pitch threads||4-56 DP|
|Movement of tailstock||Manual|
|Width of machine base||48.8”|
Clausing C30 Lathe Standard Equipment:
- Hardened and ground bed ways
- Hardened and ground gears
- Chuck guard with limit switch
- 20 hp motor with gear head drive
- (VS) 20 hp motor with inverter drive
- (VS) Variable spindle speeds, 14-1000 rpm, auto 3 range manual speed change
- Steady Rest 2.76” – 9.84”
- Follower Rest 1.18” – 5”
- Traveling Chip Guard
- 4 Way Tool Post 8 Positions
- Full Rear Splash Guard w/Chip Pan
- 4-way rapid traverse
- 4-way power feed
- 4-way, 4-position tool post
- 1.75” lead screw
- Lead screw cover
- Coolant system
- Automatic lubrication system
- Automatic Bed Stop system
- Thread dial
- Manual tailstock w/ manual movement and anti slip lock
- Lockable main switch
- Halogen work light
- Leveling screws and pads
- Tools, tool box, operation manual
- Standard 230 or 460 3 Phase for Geared Head Version. 230 3 Phase for Variable Speed Version (others voltages require a transformer or special order)
- 6.1” Spindle Bore, A2-11 Mounting, C26 Series … $9,330
- C30-R200 Rear Chuck Adpt w/Chuck Guard & Sw for 4” Bore … $2,800
- C30-R201 Rear Chuck Adpt w/Chuck Guard & Sw for 6” Bore … $3,035
- 1825313 18” 3-Jaw Set-Rite PBA Steel Body Chuck … $10,190
- 2425313 24” 3-Jaw Set-Rite PBA Steel Body Chuck … $12,795
- 1843-2AD11 18” 4-Jaw Independent Steel Body Chuck … $5,195
- 2443-2AD11 24” 4-Jaw Independent Steel Body Chuck … $7,495
- C10-S30 Extra Steady Rest Closed 2.76” – 9.84” Capacity … $1,645
- C10-S30A Steady Rest Closed 7.87” – 15.74” Capacity … $2,570
- C10-S30B Steady Rest Closed 11.8” – 20.47” Capacity … $3,165
- C30-T800 Taper Turning Attachment Factory Installed … $3,820
- C30-T800F Taper Turning Attachment Field Installed … $4,305
- 18-910 Live center … $1,430
- AR1884200T Acu-Rite LCD 200 DRO … $4,300
- AR1884300T Acu-Rite LCD 300 DRO … $4,700
- AR1884300CS Acu-Rite LCD 300 DRO System w/CSS Control … $5,250
- AR1884300TTHD Acu-Rite LCD 300 DRO w/Thread Control … $5,550
- AR1884300CSTHD Acu-Rite LCD 300 DRO w/CSS & Thread Ctrl … $6,050
- FG1880-PKC Fagor LCD Color 40i DRO … $4,700
- FG1880-PK Fagor LED 20i DRO … $4,300
- NW1880DP700 Newall LED DP700 DRO … $3,490
Clausing warrantees the machine for a period of one year from the date of shipment. This warranty does not cover normal wear items such as filters and belts or damage that results from the misuse or abuse of this equipment.
Worldwide Machine Tool is the leader in providing full sales, parts and service, financing, transportation and training of new and used machine tools for chip and fabrication clients across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our warehouse and office is located just minutes north of Columbus, Ohio. With over 25 years of experience in the industrial machine tool industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to provide our customers with the best customer service support and technical expertise on all new and used machine tools to meet their needs.
We buy and sell new and used ironworkers, shears, lathes, milling machines, drills, saws, press brakes, routers, turret punch models, presses, welders, deburring and beveling machines, plate rolls, laser, waterjets and associated tooling and accessories. We take pride in being a trustworthy partner that our customers rely on through the years. Our experienced sales team would love to help you with your next machine tool purchase. Give us a call today or fill out the Request A Quote form on the right side of this page.
Call 614-255-9000 or Contact us today to experience the Worldwide Machine Tool difference.
Terms: Check With Order