The backbone of Republic Lagun Machine Tool is the notable vertical knee mill model Lagun FTV2F. This mill features induction hardened and ground ways. This process is more consistent and precise than flame hardening and does not score or wear off like chrome. Our Lagun Mill features square ways for rigidity and dovetail ways for accuracy on the knee. No other machine has this feature. The vertical knee mill also consists of an extra wide saddle (23”) with Turcite to ensure smooth, non-stick and precise travel for the cross and table movement. A constant 5 HP motorized head with high velocity cooling system keeps the head at a constant temperature. In other words, Lagun’s Vertical Knee Mill, FTV-2F features surpasses its competition in capacity.
10″ x 55.25″ New Lagun Vertical Mill Model FTV-2F Specifications:
|Table size||10″ x 55.25″|
|T-Slots||3 on 2.51″ centers|
|Max. Weight on Table||750 lbs|
|Travel (X x Y) / with power feed||37.99″ / 34.64″|
|Main Motor||5 HP|
|Spindle Speed||55 – 4250 RPM|
|Spindle Power Feed Rate||.0015, .00314, .00511 in./rev (0.04;0.08; 0.13mm/rev)|
|Distance Spindle To Column||5″ – 26.96″|
|Distance Spindle To Table||0 – 17.99″|
10″ x 55.25″ New Lagun Vertical Mill Model FTV-2F Features:
- The head is equipped with a “high velocity cooling system”. The generated “air flow” keeps the head at a constant temperature. The fully enclosed head will keep dust from the shop environment out, keeping critical parts and components such as: pulleys, belts, and bearings, etc., clean and dust free. (See detail A)
- The new head has two speed ranges, 5 HP constant drive, and infinite variable speeds. (see D) The dynamically balanced head (see B) reaches full horse power over all the speed ranges, (Low 55 to 490 – High 490 to 4,250 RPM) (See E) without the typical losses of EVS systems. This head is capable of reaching 358 ft-lb of torque (See –Graphic HP vs. RPMS) at a mere 55 RPM.
- The quill 3 3/8” (85 mm) is hard chromed with a precision ground rack.Special high performance transmission belt are used. The heart of our mechanical infinite variable speed milling head uses the same hi-technology found in the continuously variable transmission of the latest Hybrid automobiles.
- Spindle taper is R-8 (optional # 40 NST, #30 NST with four hi-precision, class 7 bearings.
- The head assembly can be tilted front-to-back and swiveled right-to-left. Angular settings employ worm and gear.
- Ram/head assembly can be easily rotated a full 360° degrees. (See detail
- Massive ram features 19″ (483 mm) of bearing length and 22 3/16″ (563 mm) of travel.
- The ram design allows use of the optional slotting attachment. The slots are mounted opposite the standard head (with optional kit 149-1140K).
- All lead screws are thread rolled and precision ground.
- A unique double nut assembly provides backlash adjustment of longitudinal and cross feed screws. Adjustment of this device eliminates backlash due to wear.
- Table & saddle locks are conveniently located in front of the machine. Handles are spring loaded to allow repositioning once locked. This advanced design clamps the table to the saddle, but does not push on a gib. As a result, the table will hold its position more accurately.
10″ x 55.25″ New Lagun Vertical Mill Model FTV-2F Accessories:
|Electronic variable speed (EVS) 5 HP motor, 0-4250 RPM|
|Newall DP700 System 2 or 3 axis digital readout|
|Pneumatic power drawbar push button system and can be used on R8-30 taper & 40 taper|
|Universal dividing head this is a geared system that can be driven on table. Travel with indexing plates chuck to be ordered as a option.|
|Slotting head shaping head can perform intricate shapes, extrude dies and complex patterns, can be placed at any vertical or compound angle to the table. It is a must in cases of blind holes. This can be mounted permanently on the ram rear support and be swung 180 to position it over the table for usage.|
|Spindle safety guard with microswitch|
|Special electrics CSA/Underwriters laboratories (UL)|
|Acu-Rite M203 2 or 3 axis digital readout|
|Rotary table these tables can be mounted vertically or horizontally.|
|Right angle head designed to simplify right angle work by reducing the need of special tooling and difficult fixtures. Ideal for cavities & pocket jobs.|
|Steel clamping kit 52 piece set|
|Vise flame hardened vise with swivel base.|
|Halogen work light|
|Power feed available for X,Y,Z axis|
Worldwide Machine Tool is the leader in providing full sales, parts and service, financing, transportation and training of new and used machine tools for chip and fabrication clients across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our warehouse and office is located just minutes north of Columbus, Ohio. With over 25 years of experience in the industrial machine tool industry, we have the knowledge and expertise to provide our customers with the best customer service support and technical expertise on all new and used machine tools to meet their needs.
We buy and sell new and used ironworkers, shears, lathes, milling machines, drills, saws, press brakes, routers, turret punch models, presses, welders, deburring and beveling machines, plate rolls, laser, waterjets and associated tooling and accessories. We take pride in being a trustworthy partner that our customers rely on through the years. Our experienced sales team would love to help you with your next machine tool purchase. Give us a call today or fill out the Request A Quote form on the right side of this page.
Call 614-255-9000 or Contact us today to experience the Worldwide Machine Tool difference.
Terms: Check With Order